Friday, February 18, 2011

How I Got Here

Apparently there is a liberal gene.  It took me along time to find mine, but I'm sure I have it.  For all my working years I was a passive Republican, financially conservative, socially unconscious, and politically inert.  I did my job and expected politicians and public servants to do theirs.

After retirement some 17 years ago as a physicist/engineer, I began to think about other things and found to my surprise that I must have a liberal gene.  Now, I'm still fiscally conservative, socially liberal, and a flaming liberal politically.  I have compassion for my conservative friends as they were not blessed with this gene.

Occasionally, I write a letter to the editor of the Albuquerque Journal, but newspapers are a dying breed, so here I am blogging against all my previous expectations.  Open to new experiences, I'm trying to go modern despite my 74 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment